Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Harry Potter "Butterbeer" cupcakes and Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I made Harry Potter Butterbeer Cupcakes and Pink Lemonade Cupcakes last night. I will post links to the recipe below. They looked so good, I just had to try and make them myself.

The Butterbeer Cupcakes are a delicious combination of cream soda, butterscotch chips, and butter. I made the cream soda cupcakes and then made a butterscotch ganache out of butterscotch chips and whipping cream. After the cupcakes cooled, I squirted the butterscotch ganache inside the cupcake and frosted them and squirted more ganache on top. It smelled amazing in my house. These cupcakes were a scratch recipe (no cake boxes used)

The pink lemonade cupcakes were super easy to make. A box of white cake mix with pink lemonade frozen concentrate mixed into the powder.  Topped with frosting that had the pink lemonade frozen concentrate in it too. These cupcakes are super tart but I love it.

Lesson learned for next time, I should have at least doubled the frosting recipe. There wasn't enough there to pipe the frosting on there pretty like I like. Plus more frosting is always good :) Not enough frosting to try the dual colored piping so I just made different colors in the mixing bowl and swirled with a knife to create a slight marble effect for the lemonade cupcakes.

Here is where I found these recipes and also ended up coming across a few more cupcake blogs I'm excited to read in the process!
Butterbeer cupcakes: http://amybites.com/?p=623
Pink Lemonade cupcakes: http://www.ericasweettooth.com/2010/04/pink-lemonade-cupcakes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment